Sitting here at almost 3pm I think wow I have achieved allot today as I cross another thing off my board feeling cuffed with myself but not all days are the same because some days I make unreasonable to-do lists. Today is not one of those days so what where the keys to success in today’s list.
1. I stated the list last night so I did not get up all muddleheaded and panicked so I was ready for work.
2. I planned my day I had time for Emails, Social Networking, Calls and Admin
3. I tackled one task at a time = allot more focused response and a faster result
4. I had a break for lunch
5. The tasks were reasonable and set in to small chunks
6. I have hidden my email so I only see it when I open it same with Facebook
7. I allocated my time so I used it wisely
This does not mean:
- The phone did not ring
- My toddler played the game and let mummy work when she needed to
- That I did not had to juggle my day
What it did mean is that when these things happened today I was prepared for it and able to handle it without feeling ambushed.
The trick to today’s to-do list it was simple, visual and I felt like I achieved something with all the tasks being a step to the bigger picture. So really planning was the key to success with the detail needed to make sure I was focused on what I needed to do!
What works for you and your To – Do list?